IV. We Are Looking for Men Who Are Already Recognized as “Elderly”
– We want men who are known, because they attend.
– We want men who are known as a person of love.
– We want men who are known as a person of wisdom and knowledge and confidence
– Discipling others, serving faithfully.
– Putting the church’s interests above his own.
– All this makes you a center of gravity in the church. Not a loyal opposition center-of-gravity, but a person whom the people of this church are already gravitating to as a pastoral figure.
– We want to say, “How could we not recognize this person as an elder?”